FALL 2017 COACHING DETAILS
We have two programs available and both are looking for coaches – recreational and competitive. Please look over the details of each program below and let me know if you are interested in becoming involved.
1 – Recreational Program
- Volunteer Coaching Position
- August 28 – October 21 (8 Weeks)
- Ages 5-13
- Teams based out of Whitefish (Smith Fields) or Columbia Falls (Horine Park, Glacier Gateway, Columbia Falls High)
- 1 or 2 practices per week, depending on your schedule
- Games most Saturdays
- No travel for younger ages, minimal travel for older teams (Kalispell, Bigfork)
- Details for the Whitefish Program here
- Details for the Columbia Falls Program here
The recreational programs are super fun! We have players of all ability levels join and come out to play. We provide all the gear necessary for the season and we have recreational coordinators taking the lead and available for help. These players just want to get out, learn some fundamentals, and have fun.
Specific team details can be found here.
Please contact me if this sounds like it would be a good fit!
2 – Competitive Program
- Paid Coaching Position
- Payment amount based on licensing level and coaching experience – see here.
- Travel is paid for with a stipend
- Coaching licenses are paid for if you would like to certify
- August 21 – October 21 (9 Weeks)
- Tryouts for teams are during the evenings of August 1-3, 8-10. You will need to be present to help select the teams.
- Ages 10-14
- Teams based out of Whitefish (Smith Fields)
- 2 or 3 practices per week, depending on your schedule/availability
- Games on 3 Saturdays
- 1-3 Tournaments depending on age level
- Travel for games to Missoula, Kalispell, maybe Helena.
- Travel for tournaments to Sand Point (Idaho) and Helena.
- Details for the Competitive Program here, including teams, ages, etc
These teams are the backbone of our competitive program, and really rewarding to step in and help coach. They want to learn and develop, they play in fun tournaments, and they play competitively with anyone in the state. We will have a head coach and assistant coach for each team, and ideally even a second assistant so that schedules can always be worked out. The practice topics will follow a theme and we have tons of resources to help plan sessions and get the most out of each one, and I will be taking a much greater role in guiding and developing coaches this season to make sure it’s an easy and fun process.
Please let me know if you are interested in entering the coaching pool. Many people feel they don’t have the time to commit, which is why we will have multiple coaches with each team over the 8 weeks of the season. We pay for travel, licenses, and a monthly stipend.
3- Coach Training Program - Competitive Program Coaches
If you are new to coaching, have limited experience, or are an experienced coach wanting to improve your abilities, I am introducing a training program to help you grow as a coach. The object of this program is twofold. First, it will hopefully make your job much easier, as you will be provided with resources, plans, schedules, and free training sessions to emulate. Second, it will hopefully improve the experience of the players, and allow them to develop into even better players and people.
Here are the details of the Coach Training Program:
- Season practice plan for weekly topics and focuses
- Sample practice plans for each week
- Access/directions to online resources for more information
- Preseason walkthrough/practice session to observe with me
- Weekly check-ins – questions, observations, etc.
- Open practice sessions with me to observe/practice
- If possible, I will attend your practice with you and talk through coaching strategies/games etc.
- I am here to help and support!
If you are interested, please email, call, or text me with a program and age group you are interested in.
If you are not interested, please email, call, or text me with your questions/concerns and I will see if there is a way to get you involved with minimal stress on your part. We are always looking to get good soccer people involved and giving back to these kids!
425 681 7969