Scholarship Assistance Request Form
The Flathead Rapids provide registration fee scholarships to local athletes, who without this financial assistance would not otherwise be able to participate.
The Rapids Scholarship Assistance program focuses on providing opportunities for our area youth to participate in soccer for the physical, mental, and character-training benefits that this program can provide. Scholarship assistance will be dependent upon the Flathead Rapids funds available and the actual need shown. Please be aware that at the Flathead Rapids our Financial Assistance Funds are limited! Our primary goal is to help as many young athletes participate in soccer that we possibly can.
Awards of assistance are not guaranteed to every applicant.
Requirements for eligibility:
· Athlete must commit to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
· Participation by a family member in at least one (1) volunteer opportunity during the scholarship season is expected.
· Application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or head of household, with all requested information provided. (Incomplete applications will not be considered.)
Priority will be given to eligible youth meeting one or more of the criteria below:
· Member of a multi-child family.
· Living in a single parent home.
· Receiving assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc. (Applicant must provide written documentation of participation in these programs to receive priority status.)
**Approval process of a registration scholarship does not register the participant for the Flathead Rapids. You will still need to complete all registration documents as well.